WordPress is an open-source blogging tool that comes with a content management system (CMS) and is based on the PHP coding language. It includes a plug-in structure and template system and is currently the most popular blogging tool used on the Web.
WordPress Has Many Advantages
- It allows you to take control of your website — its built-in CMS makes updating your website fast and easy… as easy as editing a document in MS Word.
- It’s economical — there’s no need to pay for custom web code. Enjoy the benefits of all the fantastic PHP code that is freely shared on the Internet!
- It’s easy to add new features — it supports dozens of free “plug-in” applications that can build a variety of extra features and capabilities into your site.
- WordPress follows W3C standards for XHTML and CSS making sure your pages appear properly on all devices. And it’s built for the long haul — a solid foundation of expert coding lies behind every WP website.
- Following standards makes WordPress sites easier to manage, increases its longevity for future Internet technology adoption, and helps give your site the widest audience possible.
Why We Use the Genesis Framework with WordPress
A “framework” is the coding upon which WordPress websites are built. We develop WP websites using the Genesis framework by StudioPress. Genesis works with “child themes,” design templates that arrange the features of the framework to best advantage. Its many benefits include:
- Security. Websites can be vulnerable to hackers. With the aid of a noted security expert, Genesis was built using all WordPress security best practices and has been rated “at the top of its class.”
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Clean, state-of-the-art code and smart design architecture help search engines find your site with ease. Genesis updates code automatically to keep your site up to date with changes in search engine formulas. Because the coding is built into the framework, you don’t need to add SECO plug-ins.
- Design Options. Genesis offers beautiful, professional designs for you to choose from. If you decide to change to a different “child theme,” it doesn’t take a major redesign: All the core functions remain the same; only the look changes. Each theme is easy to customize to set up your website as you want it.
- Layout Control. You have the ability to change the layout of every page on your site. Choose from six different layout options.
- Support. Genesis sends out continuous updates, which don’t change the look of your site but keep it functioning optimally in the background.